Thursday, April 23, 2009

You've Got Nuthin On Me, Chard

I got Hub to eat green vegetables last night - lots of them. No, really, I did.

Noce's All-Green-Like Stir-Fry.
IMG_2538

Ingredients:
  1. The massive bunch of chard that came in the farm share today, ribs removed and chopped up
  2. One young onion (aka spring onion; or you could use a leek) leftover from last week's farm share, sliced
  3. A lot of broccoli, chopped (or not, if you prefer big trees)
  4. Two chicken breasts, sliced into bite-size pieces
  5. 1 cup Black Pepper Sauce from Trader Joe's
  6. 1 1/2 cups Sweet & Sour Sauce from TJ's
  7. 2 1/2 Tbsp. butter
  8. Garlic, minced
  9. Some slivered almonds
  10. Some sesame seeds
  11. Lemon pepper and salt, to taste
  12. Basmati or Jasmine rice
How to:

In a BIG saute pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter and add the young onion/spring onion/leek. Let it sizzle for maybe ten minutes (start cooking your rice in a rice cooker about now), then add the chicken. Season with lemon pepper and salt.

Add the broccoli and chard (holy cow, that's a lot of chard) to the chicken, cover, and let cook until broccoli is bright green and chard has (significantly) reduced in size. Not so scary looking now, is it?

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together your Black Pepper Sauce and Sweet & Sour Sauce. I'm just guessing on the quantities here, but I probably had about 1.5 cups, which is why I put those particular amounts in the ingredients list, but I really don't know how much it was. My stir-frys always seem to be disappointingly un-saucy, so I really sauced it up this time, and it obviously worked out because Husband ate it all.

Now toss your garlic into the Fry. Stir it up.

Wait for the click on the rice cooker to tell you that your rice is done, then add all that good sauciness to the Fry.

Now, serve yourself up some rice, slather on some of that Fry, and garnish with the almonds and sesame seeds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

OK, here's the deal on commenting: I love comments!

But it's more fun for me to know who is posting comments, and then I can leave fun comments on your site, too, whatever that may be.

Isn't that fun?

FUN, I say.

If you want to be all anonymous and elusive like that, I'm alright with that, but really, it's more fun my way.

Anyway, carry on with whatever you were going to say. Don't be shy. I don't bite, and I will love you forever for your comment.