Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The wings are outta control

Yea, I know, you're tired of hearing about the chickens. But I'm not! So, we're going to celebrate their two-week birthday today with more pictures. Because you do not understand how crazy fast their wing and tail feathers have grown, and I know you require photographic evidence.

Funny story: Gravel managed to slip into the bedroom where the brooder is set up yesterday and just couldn't quite grasp the concept of keeping birds (birds!) in the house. I'm sure he would get all Sylvester on them if left alone for even a minute, but he was actually just totally perplexed and surprised that we would be so nice as to keep his favorite treat alive in a box in the house for him to gleefully pick from whenever given the chance. Unfortunately for him, this is not the case, and the brooder room remains off limits to some certain kitties until the chickies are big enough to defend themselves.

"We are not your lunch, Gravel."
IMG_2393

Yes, that is the chicken strut.
IMG_2396

McNugget is starting to look a bit chubby.
IMG_2398

0 comments:

Post a Comment

OK, here's the deal on commenting: I love comments!

But it's more fun for me to know who is posting comments, and then I can leave fun comments on your site, too, whatever that may be.

Isn't that fun?

FUN, I say.

If you want to be all anonymous and elusive like that, I'm alright with that, but really, it's more fun my way.

Anyway, carry on with whatever you were going to say. Don't be shy. I don't bite, and I will love you forever for your comment.